It’s the start of a new year and what better time to take a closer look at your social media and how you can maximize its benefits for your marketing campaigns? If your efforts to date have been sporadic and unorganized, now’s the time to develop a more comprehensive approach to social media marketing so you can maximize revenue while minimizing expense.
Let’s examine 5 social media marketing basics that can have a significant positive impact on your social media presence and effectiveness:
- Integrate your efforts As the mobile marketplace grows leaps and bounds annually, ensuring that customers have the ability to access your business from a variety of platforms and channels is critical. A satisfying customer experience requires integrating your social media with various aspects of your business, especially sales and customer service. That means including links in your posts to appropriate pages on your website and tagging special events.
- Personalize the customer experience The breadth and depth of online marketing tools today makes personalizing the customer experience easier than ever – but it still takes a little knowledge and effort. For example, delivering personalized marketing messages using direct messaging is now available on a number of popular social media platforms. Personalized marketing is proving to be a powerful tool for increasing visibility, sales, and customer loyalty.
- Take a stand through social media Nothing strengthens a brand quite like supporting a social or political cause. Studies have found that consumers develop stronger loyalties and increase purchasing with brands with which they identify more closely and personally. However, it’s important to pick and choose issues that are relevant to your brand and your target audience.
- Spend a little more on social media this year As the popularity of social media increases exponentially, so does the competition utilizing it. That means you’re probably going to have to spend a little more to increase – or at least maintain – your visibility in an increasingly crowded digital marketplace. It will also help to get more creative in how you present your marketing messages. For example, if you’re not already using video, this is the year to start doing so.
- Review your social media policies If you’re a small to medium-sized business, chances are good you’ve got at least several employees who are active on social media – and some who are quite good at it. This presents a good opportunity to harness that skill and knowledge to boost your social media marketing power. But it’s important to have rules about what, where, and when to post. Your social media policy should also include who within your organization should engage with the public through social media and how to do it. This will go a long way in standardizing your approach and ensuring a consistent, reliable, and reasonable social media response to any and all situations.
There’s no question that social media should be playing a major role in your overall marketing efforts. With a brand new year ahead of us, now’s the time to get planning and implement an effective, cost-efficient social media marketing program that will help you increase profitability and build your business. If you aren’t sure what to do or how to start, we’re always here at The Social Julie to help you develop, implement, and manage your social media marketing efforts.